Friday, June 11, 2021

A Discussion of Aether: The Proposal - Letter 1


To my esteemed friend and peer, Jarvey Militanos Consileratello 

 

I wanted to thank you for entertaining me at the Union League this weekend. Your theories on Aether manipulation and application are absolutely astounding. I completely understand why you are spoken of so highly among the Council. I still wish I could recruit you to my R&R department. I believe you would bring a level of comprehension and perspective that we are lacking in our efforts.  


With that in mind, I wanted to ask you if you would be interested in an informal discussion, or debate if you would have it, regarding our understanding and function of the Aether. Being informal, we can forgo the typical, and often overbearing, use of academic and scientific jargon, but rather continue our discussion as we did the other night. Your argument against the casual application of technical terms was, at first, nearly mind boggling in determining your purpose. Yet, after our discussion, I realized that the ability to fully explain an infinitely complex concept while holding to the common tongue is a better representation that you understand the topic, rather than having memorized the technical terms. 


As far as parameters and rules for our discussion, we can take turns proposing a topic question. The other will respond, and then receive a response to their presentation. Finally, the recipient can offer a rebuttal and then pose a new topic of their own. The goal is to challenge each other to have a broader understanding of the Aether, and to allow others to gain insight into what is a very complex and broad subject of study. I believe that the spirit of such a conversation would benefit from the discussion of peers and students in our own personal circles and I would hope you would hold your own private discussions prior to making your response.  


If you are game for such an open-ended discussion, I would like to start us off with the first discussion topic.

  

What is the nature of Aether? What is the natural state of Aether, and how does that nature affect the greater world? What effect, if any, does the manipulation of Aether have on it and the world around it? 


My hope is that we can begin with a broad discussion, and then allow our topics to be more specific, possibly inspired by our responses themselves.  

 

I greatly look forward to your reply. 


Taliesin Montgomery Vanholt  

No comments:

Post a Comment